Recipe by jonesies
It's difficult to believe that the rich-tasting sauce coating this flavorsome chicken doesn't contain lots of heavy cream. Nevertheless, this is a lowfat dish and all it needs as an accompaniment is a steamed green vegetable or a crisp salad. Taken from "The Best Ever Low Fat" cookbook.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of all visible fat)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light cream (reduced fat)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside a few cilantro sprigs for garnish and coarsely chop the remainder.
- Heat the corn oil in a heavy-bottom skillet, add the chicken and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir in the yogurt and cream.
- Pour the chicken broth and lime juice into the skillet and add the garlic and shallot.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer 1 minute.
- Stir the tomato into the yogurt mixture and stir the mixture into the skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or unti slightly thickened, but do not let the mixture boil.
- Stir in the chopped fresh cilantro.
- Place the chicken on a large serving plate, pour the sauce over it and garnish with the reserved cilantro sprigs.