Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Southern Living mag February 2009.
Make and share this Pan Fried Chicken and Ham Parmesan With Sauteed Grape Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 thinly sliced smoked deli ham slices (about 1/4 lb.)
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese (4 slices)
Sauteed Grape Tomatoes
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons water. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
- Bake chicken in skillet at 350° for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over Garlic-Herb Pasta; top with Sautéed Grape Tomatoes.
- Garlic-Herb Pasta: Cook 8 oz. vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1/4 cup Garlic-Herb Butter. Season with salt to taste. Makes 4 servings.
- Garlic-Herb Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup softened butter; 1 large garlic clove, pressed; 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil; 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley; and 1/4 teaspoons salt until well blended. Use immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days. For longer storage, form into a log or press into ice cube trays, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap; freeze up to 1 month. Makes 1/2 cup. Prep: 15 minute.
- Sauteed Grape Tomatoes: Sauté tomatoes and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in basil.