From Southern Living mag February 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thinly sliced smoked deli ham slices (about 1/4 lb.)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (4 slices)
Sauteed Grape Tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons water. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- 2Cook chicken in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
- 3Bake chicken in skillet at 350° for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over Garlic-Herb Pasta; top with Sautéed Grape Tomatoes.
- 4Garlic-Herb Pasta: Cook 8 oz. vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1/4 cup Garlic-Herb Butter. Season with salt to taste. Makes 4 servings.
- 5Garlic-Herb Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup softened butter; 1 large garlic clove, pressed; 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil; 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley; and 1/4 teaspoons salt until well blended. Use immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days. For longer storage, form into a log or press into ice cube trays, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap; freeze up to 1 month. Makes 1/2 cup. Prep: 15 minute.
- 6Sauteed Grape Tomatoes: Sauté tomatoes and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Chicken and Ham Parmesan With Sauteed Grape Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.7
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 288.1 mg
- Sodium 4001.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 84.6 g