Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Nice, I've made it a few times. Wish I could remember where I got this.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- COMBINE SOY SAUCE, 1/2 cup orange juice and ginger in a bowl, add the catfish, cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 6.
- Place remaining cup of orange juice in a saucepan, place over medium heat and cook, reducing the liquid by about 1/2.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter.
- Add the rind, cover, and keep warm.
- Drain the marinade and pat the fillets dry with a towel.
- Dust with cornstarch and shake off excess.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the catfish, 2 fillets at a time.
- Fry until golden, about 3 minutes, then turn and fry until done, another 3 to 4 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining 2 fillets.
- To serve, dress a warm platter with the sauce,arrange catfish on top and garnish with chopped parsley.