2 hrs 15 mins
Nice, I've made it a few times. Wish I could remember where I got this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1COMBINE SOY SAUCE, 1/2 cup orange juice and ginger in a bowl, add the catfish, cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 6.
- 2Place remaining cup of orange juice in a saucepan, place over medium heat and cook, reducing the liquid by about 1/2.
- 3Remove from heat and whisk in the butter.
- 4Add the rind, cover, and keep warm.
- 5Drain the marinade and pat the fillets dry with a towel.
- 6Dust with cornstarch and shake off excess.
- 7Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- 8When the oil is hot, add the catfish, 2 fillets at a time.
- 9Fry until golden, about 3 minutes, then turn and fry until done, another 3 to 4 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- 10Drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining 2 fillets.
- 11To serve, dress a warm platter with the sauce,arrange catfish on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-fried Catfish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.7
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 848.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 29.1 g