Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This becomes a nice tender juicy fish and the breading mixture is excellent mix for this kind of fish. Most fish fillets will work but for this one tilapia works best. Works well with fresh cut fries or garlic and onion rice.
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 59.14 ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.16 ml pancake mix or 59.16 ml flour
- 59.16 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme seafood mix Optional)
- 1.23 ml dried thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried oregano leaves
- blend the eggs with the lemon juice.
- blend the herbs spices and pancake mix with the bread crumbs
- dredge the fish in egg mixture.
- then coat with bread crumb mixture completely.
- heat enough oil in pan to fry in stainless steel pan.
- Fry for approx 3 minutes per side on medium high heat.
- you can play with the volume of bread to herb to flour/pancake ratio to get your desired favourite.
Like another reviewer's mom, this recipe just didn't work for me flavor-wise. DH said it was "fine." I did serve Cajun Ponchartrain Sauce over it, which helped a bit. I served with green beans and roasted asparagus on the side.
Good recipe! This was my first time ever frying tilapia, and it turned out great. I reduced the recipe to 4 servings, used extra virgin olive oil instead of the sunflower (that's all i had), and didn't include white pepper for I had none. I also picked this recipe out because I wanted to try something new, and impress my bf. Btw, he loved it! Will absolutely make again :)
Very Good. I Used Half Corn Meal & Half Flour. Also I Didnt Put The Basil Or Oregano & Added 1/4 t dill insted. Very Good. Will Make Again.