Recipe by bggio
This becomes a nice tender juicy fish and the breading mixture is excellent mix for this kind of fish. Most fish fillets will work but for this one tilapia works best. Works well with fresh cut fries or garlic and onion rice.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Like another reviewer's mom, this recipe just didn't work for me flavor-wise. DH said it was "fine." I did serve Recipe #43638 over it, which helped a bit. I served with green beans and roasted asparagus on the side.
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons pancake mix or 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme seafood mix Optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- blend the eggs with the lemon juice.
- blend the herbs spices and pancake mix with the bread crumbs
- dredge the fish in egg mixture.
- then coat with bread crumb mixture completely.
- heat enough oil in pan to fry in stainless steel pan.
- Fry for approx 3 minutes per side on medium high heat.
- you can play with the volume of bread to herb to flour/pancake ratio to get your desired favourite.