1/2 Photos of Pan Fried Cajun Tilapia
Chef #457852 - bggio's Note:
This becomes a nice tender juicy fish and the breading mixture is excellent mix for this kind of fish. Most fish fillets will work but for this one tilapia works best. Works well with fresh cut fries or garlic and onion rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons pancake mix or 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme seafood mix Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1blend the eggs with the lemon juice.
- 2blend the herbs spices and pancake mix with the bread crumbs
- 3dredge the fish in egg mixture.
- 4then coat with bread crumb mixture completely.
- 5heat enough oil in pan to fry in stainless steel pan.
- 6Fry for approx 3 minutes per side on medium high heat.
- 7you can play with the volume of bread to herb to flour/pancake ratio to get your desired favourite.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Cajun Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 611.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 29.0 g