- 1⁄4 inch olive oil (for frying)
- 4 slices of fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
For the relish
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chiffonade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Ina bow, add relish ingedients and let stand while you prepare the following:.
- heat 1/4 inch olive oil In a heavy bottom pan until it shimmers
- beat egg whites in a bowl until frothy and add salt and pepper.
- pour breadcrumbs in a pie plate.
- dredge mozzarella slices in egg and then breadcrumbs TWICE.
- Fry breaded cheese in oil for 1 and 1/2 minutes on each side.
- top each slice with a scoop of relish.