Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my husband's creation. When he makes it, he uses double the amount of red pepper flakes. My man likes his spices!
- 2 cups broccoli, speared
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or more if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Cook chopped garlic in oil at medium-high heat or until light brown (being careful not to burn).
- Add broccoli spears to pan. Sprinkle remaining ingredients onto broccoli and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli heads begin to darken (but not burn), stirring every minute or so. If necessary, lower the heat.
- Sometimes I like to add a little parmesan cheese to the pan right before the broccoli goes onto the plate.
First try at fried broccoli. AWESOME! Can't wait to make a double or triple portion next time!
Just like "my hunny," I had one crown of broccoli I was looking to use up and this was perfect! Starting to get sick of plain steamed broccoli, and this was just the fix! Loved the crispness and flavor, and it was SOOO simple!
This was excellent , and I used up the broccoli that was on its next to the last leg:) I have to say that i think adding the parmesan after cooked made it extra special. Thank you for this recipe I will be making again