- 2 cups broccoli, speared
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or more if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Cook chopped garlic in oil at medium-high heat or until light brown (being careful not to burn).
- Add broccoli spears to pan. Sprinkle remaining ingredients onto broccoli and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli heads begin to darken (but not burn), stirring every minute or so. If necessary, lower the heat.
- Sometimes I like to add a little parmesan cheese to the pan right before the broccoli goes onto the plate.