This is a rustic bread that comes out sort of like a Norwegian pita. From Andreas Viestad, "New Scandinavian Cooking."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together yeast, lukewarm water, half the flour, sugar, and salt; let stand 10 minutes so that the yeast can start to ferment.
- 2Stir in the buttermilk and the remainder of the flour.
- 3Place a moist cloth over the dough and let rise for 20 minutes; the dough will still be a bit sticky.
- 4Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- 5Drop a spoonful of dough in the pan, that has been lightly greased; spread the dough out and fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- 6Repeat with remaining dough.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Bread
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g