Pan-fried Bacon with Poached Egg and Balsamic Tomatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush a large non-stick frying pan with sunflower oil, using the tip of a pastry brush. Place the pan over a medium heat and add the bacon. Cook for 2 minutes until lightly browned, then turn and dry-fry on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- 2While the bacon is cooking, half fill a medium non-stick saucepan with water, add the vinegar and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low, so the water is only just bubbling.
- 3Crack the eggs into the water, one at a time, spacing them well apart. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes. The eggs should rise to the surface within a minute. If the egg white sticks to the bottom of the pan, lift it gently with a wooden spoon. Alternatively, you can use a hob-top egg poacher, lightly greased with sunflower oil.
- 4Add the tomatoes to the pan with the bacon and season with plenty of black pepper. Cook the tomatoes for about a minute until just beginning to soften, turning them once. Put a small pile of watercress on each plate.
- 5Place some bacon and tomatoes on the plates and drizzle with a dash of balsamic vinegar. Take the eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and place them on top. Season with a little more pepper and tuck in right away while it's all lovely and hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Bacon With Poached Egg and Balsamic Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 196.8 mg
- Sodium 228.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 12.4 g