Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really simple, quick way to cook asparagus. The asparagus turns out crisp-tender and encrusted with browned parmesan cheese. Pleasing to both the eye and the taste buds!
- Prepare asparagus spears. First rinse thoroughly and cut off fibrous ends. To do this, pull one spear out of the bunch. Gently bend the spear until it snaps. Then cut the remaining spears at the same length as the first.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic and shallots for five minutes or until tender but not translucent.
- Add asparagus and parmesan to skillet and toss in oil, garlic and shallots. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at medium / medium-high heat or until asparagus and parmesan begin to brown, and shallots are caramelized.
this didn't work out as I had hoped but the end results were very tasty & everybody loved it! The bottom was scorching, even on low heat, so I needed to stir so the top didn't get crunchy. :( i think this work better in the oven. Made for Aussie Swap 4/11. thank you!
This dish turned out great!! I used a Vidalia onion as that was all I had at the time and doubled the garlic and Parmesan. My wife who usually doesn't like my choice of recipes said this was the best asparagus she had ever tasted.