Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love asparagus, and if you do, then you'll love this recipe. Nothing fancy, and it's ready in minutes. Great as a side dish; I love to make a meal out of it, by adding thin slices of chicken or beef, even shrimp. I like to put grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.
Tastes great! I made it and forgot to put in the olive oil but they came out perfectly and were delicious
Perfect every time!
Made this as instructed and Fabulous! Definately going into my Favorites of 2010...so easy and delicious. Thank you for another way to fix asparagus. Served with Korean Roast Chicken Thighs#83203 and Ginger Jasmine Rice#379146. Made for Zaar Alphabet Tag game. P.S. I thought I added the stars which is defiantely 5 and they didn't post so here they are! (I probably forgot to click anyway here they are to stay).