Recipe by evelyn/athens
A very simple, homey dessert.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Loved it ! The cinnamon, cloves and allspice MAKE this dish. I used Granny Smith apples and they were still fairly crunchy by the time the sauce was thick and it was a wonderful combination of flavours. Please see my rating system, a lovely 4 stars for a simple and flavourful dish. Thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 medium cooking apples (peeled and sliced)
- pouring cream (whipping cream) or custard, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and allspice.
- Blend in water.
- Arrange apples over sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, spooning sauce over apples until apples are tender and sauce is thick.
- Serve in 4 pudding bowls, passing pouring cream or custard separately.