Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
You can use mini muffin pans, madeline pans etc.
- 250 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g honey
- 200 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- preheat oven to 180C and grease a loaf pan or some miniture muffin pan.
- heat the milk in a pan and dissolve the honey.
- sieve the flour into a bowl with the spices and a pinch of salt.
- make a well in the centre of the flour and place the sugar, then add the milk slowly, mixing for about ten minutes until you have a very liquidy mixture.
- Add the sieved bicarbonate and mix.
- bake for 45min-1 hour in the lowest shelf of the oven until a skewer comes out clean. small cakes will take about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before turning out.
- This cake tastes better after a few days, closed in a plastic container it will keep for up to 15 days.