Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Pan de Polvo is traditionally served at Christmas, Weddings, and Quinceneras. This recipe is one of my families favorites at Christmas time, and I know your family will enjoy it also.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut shortening into flour until mixture resemble coarse corn meal.
- Add hot cinnamon and 1/4 cup anise tea and kneed dough until smooth.
- This will take a while.
- Roll dough into 1 inch diameter logs about 12 inch long.
- Cut logs into 1/4 in thick circles.
- Place close together on cookie sheet, but not touching.
- They spread very little to not at all.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bottom side of cookie become lightly golden brown, and when cookie is cut in half, it looks baked all the way through.
- Combine granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- While cookies are still hot, roll each one in sugar and cinnamon coating with a fork until well coated.
- Place the cookies on cooling rack and cool completely.
Recipe I have been looking for ... Thanks Yvette CorpusChristi TX
Bravo! I finally found a recipe that turns out cookies tasting like the "real thang"! Easy too!