Recipe by oshulze
This is a very good bread, which in Chile we call Pan de Pascua. A very good christmas recipe!
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 g chopped nuts (covered with a little flour)
- 100 g chopped almonds (covered with a little flour)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grounded cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cognac (brandy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the butter well, then add the sugar and eggs and continue beating until it is a very creamy.
- Add cinammon, nutmeg, cognac, vinegar, lemonzest , flour, baking powder, coffee, almonds and nuts, stirring gently.
- Bake at 180°C for about half an hour.
- To decorate, you can cover this bread with icing and nuts or what you prefer.