Chef #208121's Note:
Bread for Dia de los Meurtos [Day of the dead]. You can mold the bread into different shapes such as animals and angels.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together except the 3 - 4 1/2 cups of flour.
- 2In a small pan, heat the milk, the water, and the butter. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
- 3Beat well.
- 4Mix in the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Beat well.
- 5Put in the rest of the flour, little by little.
- 6Knead the mixture on a floured board for 9 - 10 minutes.
- 7Put the dough in a greased bowl and allow it to rise until it has doubled in size (about an hour and a half at sea level).
- 8Punch the dough down and reshape it with some "bone" shapes on top to decorate it.
- 9Let it rise another hour.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes.
- 11After baking, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar and colored sugar.
- 12Note the number of servings is hard to caculate because of the ability to mold into different shapes for each serving. I am taking a sheer guess and making it eight.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan De Muertos or All Souls Bread
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 417.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 11.6 g