Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bread for Dia de los Meurtos [Day of the dead]. You can mold the bread into different shapes such as animals and angels.
- Mix all dry ingredients together except the 3 - 4 1/2 cups of flour.
- In a small pan, heat the milk, the water, and the butter. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
- Beat well.
- Mix in the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Beat well.
- Put in the rest of the flour, little by little.
- Knead the mixture on a floured board for 9 - 10 minutes.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and allow it to rise until it has doubled in size (about an hour and a half at sea level).
- Punch the dough down and reshape it with some "bone" shapes on top to decorate it.
- Let it rise another hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes.
- After baking, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar and colored sugar.
- Note the number of servings is hard to caculate because of the ability to mold into different shapes for each serving. I am taking a sheer guess and making it eight.