2 hrs 20 mins
Weekend mornings are very busy at local bakeries, everyone is looking for either freshly made Pan de Agua or Pan de Manteca. This bread is good by itself, with some butter or to make a loaded ham,cheese and egg sandwish. This recipe is from elboricua.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Di solve the yeast in warm water (80º F). Let is sit for 25 minutes until the water is foamy.
- 2Mix it with the salt and the flour.
- 3Knead the dough for 10 minutes until the consistency is elastic.
- 4Let it rise for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 5Punch it and let it rise again for another 45 minutes.
- 6Give the dough a long (french loaf type) shape, cut a slit down the middle, and bake it at 450-475ºF for 20 minutes or until it reaches a golden color.
- 7For a crunchy crust put a small ovenproof container with water in the oven when baking the bread.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan De Agua
Serving Size: 1 (936 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2086.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2353.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 434.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 62.9 g