Recipe by l0ve2c00k
Weekend mornings are very busy at local bakeries, everyone is looking for either freshly made Pan de Agua or Pan de Manteca. This bread is good by itself, with some butter or to make a loaded ham,cheese and egg sandwish. This recipe is from elboricua.com
Directions See How It's Made
- Di solve the yeast in warm water (80º F). Let is sit for 25 minutes until the water is foamy.
- Mix it with the salt and the flour.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until the consistency is elastic.
- Let it rise for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Punch it and let it rise again for another 45 minutes.
- Give the dough a long (french loaf type) shape, cut a slit down the middle, and bake it at 450-475ºF for 20 minutes or until it reaches a golden color.
- For a crunchy crust put a small ovenproof container with water in the oven when baking the bread.