Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy !!
Make and share this Pan Cooked Pumpkin recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 10 grams of butter in large fry pan.
- Cook bacon and garlic till browned lightly.
- Remove from pan, drain on paper towel.
- Into the same pan, add boiling water and diced pumpkin.
- Cover and cook 10 - 15 minutes till tender.
- Return bacon mixture and cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Add green onions and season to taste, toss gently.
Fantastic. Cooking the squash/pumpkin in the pan after doing the bacon and garlic gave it a nice flavor, then adding the bacon and garlic back . .. yum! Thanks katew! Made for ZWT8 trip to Australia/New Zealand.
This was so great! The bacon, garlic and onions are so tasty with the butternut squash / pumpkin. This was very easy to make and needed very little hands-on time. This would be great if you're cooking for a crowd! Made for ZWT8. Thanks katew! :)