Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was inspired by a dinner option I had at a friend's wedding. I loved it so much I tried to recreate it as precisely as possible, and I think I came rather close! It's great with mashed potatoes, over which you can pour any extra gravy you have. The flavor of the artichoke really pops out. We also had it with baked zucchini as the side veggie. Just an idea.
- Melt butter in a wide pan on the stove.
- While the butter is heating, mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Rinse then dry chicken breasts, pound them thin, then coat each breast with the flour mix; shake off excess flour.
- Place chicken in the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 6 minutes, turning once 3 minutes in, at which point add the garlic and artichokes.
- While chicken etc. is cooking, prepare gravy according to instructions in a separate bowl.
- Make sure to move the garlic and artichokes around frequently to prevent them from burning; if garlic starts to burn, turn the heat down a tad.
- When the above 6 minutes are up on the chicken etc., pour gravy into the pan
- Cook chicken for 8 more minutes, turning once 4 minutes in, stirring gravy from time to time.
- Remove from heat, place chicken breasts on dinner plates then spoon artichokes & gravy on top. If serving with mashed potatoes, put gravy on those too.
- Guten Appetit!