Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are scrumptious - so says 98% of the people here in South Florida! The best ones come from the street vendors. The Cubans don't need an excuse to make these, they are usually made after they've roasted a pig the night before or just because. I found two recipes that can be used, that resemble the pork roasts' seasonings of Cuba. They are Cuban Roast Pork or Puerto Rican Style Pernil (Roast Pork) or use whatever roast pork recipe you choose.
- Butter both sides of each loaf.
- Pork needs to be warm.
- Heat some up in frying pan with a dash of vegetable oil.
- Chop or shred or pull the pork apart.
- Layer the shredded pork on bread and cover with a single layer of sliced onions.
- Sprinkle with mojo sauce.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve with nice ice cold beer, depending on the weather.
- May also be done on a sandwich press, griddle or panini press.