These are scrumptious - so says 98% of the people here in South Florida! The best ones come from the street vendors. The Cubans don't need an excuse to make these, they are usually made after they've roasted a pig the night before or just because. I found two recipes that can be used, that resemble the pork roasts' seasonings of Cuba. They are Cuban Roast Pork or Puerto Rican Style Pernil (Roast Pork) or use whatever roast pork recipe you choose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter both sides of each loaf.
- 2Pork needs to be warm.
- 3Heat some up in frying pan with a dash of vegetable oil.
- 4Chop or shred or pull the pork apart.
- 5Layer the shredded pork on bread and cover with a single layer of sliced onions.
- 6Sprinkle with mojo sauce.
- 7Slice in half diagonally and serve with nice ice cold beer, depending on the weather.
- 8May also be done on a sandwich press, griddle or panini press.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Con Lechon (Roasted Pork Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 99.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: