Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are my husband's favorite potatoes. We have these as a sidedish for either dinner or breakfast. I don't usually peel the potatoes, which makes this an especially quick dish. I believe I got this recipe from Bon Appetit. ZWT West region.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 whole garlic cloves
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; sauté until pale golden, 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Add potatoes; cook until pale golden, stirring every 5 minutes, about 15 minutes. Stir in bell pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and golden, stirring every 5 minutes, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
This was really great! A lot like how I do hash browns (minus the onion). Loved the crispy, tender, garlicky textural/flavour thing that was happening.
We really enjoyed this recipe! I used Yukon Gold potatoes and I did boil them for about 5 minutes first. Otherwise, I made as posted. The flavor is great and I'll be using this recipe many times! Thanks for posting!
Great tasting recipe that was simple to do. I cooked mine for probably about 40 minutes while preparing bacon, eggs and toast to go along with it. I cooked them in a non stick pan and stirred them more during the beginning. I know why these are your DH's favorite potatoes as my DH took one bite and said "these are keepers!". Thanks for sharing your recipe lazyme!