Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure where I found this recipe but it's so easy and elegant. The flavors blend so well together and burst in your mouth and it's also a quick meal to put together that looks like much more work than it really is.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with garlic press
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- In nonstick 12 inch skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix garlic, broth, cornstarch and lemon peel.
- To skillet add artichokes, tomatoes, and broth mixture.
- Heat to boiling and boil for one minute.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe is from Good Housekeeping. It's one of their easy skillet meals. I used canned artichoke hearts like the book suggested, except the can I bought they were already quarted so even less work! This was a very tasty and colorful dish. I used a little more chicken broth for taste and will use less lemon peel or try a bit of lemon juice like the other review suggested. Quick and easy meal! Thanks.
I made this last night for dinner. I did substitute to make it a pasta dish. I did a 1/2 cup chicken broth then added 1/4 cup white wine (using up a little I had left) and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Doubled the cornstarch and added more pepper, more garlic (love garlic) and a few more artichokes. Cooked as directed but at the end added 1 package cooked linguine. It was flavorful and something different from other pasta dishes. Served our family of four for dinner and 2 of us were able to have it for lunch also. Plus it was very little work. Next time I will add a little chopped parsley at the end , just for looks. Thanx for posting!