Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is one for all you carnivores. Nothing like a good ole steak with some really great sauce. Don't get me wrong, sometimes a steak doesn't need anything other than cooking, but this sauce is pretty dog-gone good. It's excellent for company or just a special meal with your honey.
- 4 steaks, sliced (1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (I like Jack Daniels)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, if desired but recommended (optional)
- Trim away any excess fat from the steak or steaks.
- Press the crushed peppercorns and garlic onto both sides of the steak and let it stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Heat a heavy iron skillet over high heat.
- Grease the skillet with a piece of the fat trimmed from the steak.
- Toss in about half the salt.
- Sear the steaks quickly on one side, then lift out; add the remaining salt to the skillet, turn the steak and sear the other side.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and cook the steaks as desired.
- Remove to a warmed platter.
- Make the sauce.
- Pour off fat from the skillet.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly until soft, stirring often.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour over the steak or steaks and serve.
Loved it! We doubled the sauce so we could have plenty to serve over champ (mashed potato and cabbage). I also added a bit of half and half to add creaminess. The men of the house like their steaks naked...no sauce, but they thought this was great!! Thanks!
I had this steak for dinner tonight. I made as directed but threw in some mushrooms I had cooked a few days ago. I enjoyed this and am glad you shared. Bless you
This sauce is delicious!! I used extra garlic and some garlic powder and basted the steak with it near the end of cooking. We both ate soo fast. I will definately make again.