Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
From the 222 Recipes-The Greek Cookery Book. A gift from NurseJaney. This bread is the bread I ate in Santorini when I visitied my family. I love Greece and loved visiting this unique island. This is a fast and easy delightful bread to make and has a lovely flavor. The colors from the ingredients stand out. It brings a little bit of old world flavor with it and to your home. It is very quick to make. Enjoy a little bit of Greece. The picture on the book cover is a place we walked and stayed near. ********* this contains no eggs, milk, dairy, meat
Top Review by mummamills
I am home alone, so I made up half this recipe, and ate the lot :) I used self raisng flour, and ended up with light savoury piklets, that I ate with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. very easy recipe, had no trouble with it, thanks Connie. Made for Aussie swap, june2010
- 2 cups flour
- 2 -3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned and crushed
- 1 cup water
- salt, pepper, oil for frying about 1/4 c total depends on pan size
- optional basil, oregano, dill, garlic for different flavors. You be the chef
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour with water and add crushed tomatoes, onion, salt, and pepper. Combine the mixture well with a wooden spoon to form a smooth cream.
- Put oil into a frying pan and heat it well.
- Spoon a large tablespoon of mixture into oil, frying until 1 side is browned. Flip over to brown other side.