Sue Lau's Note:
A great little Italian sandwich, "Pan Bagna" means "Bathed Bread".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small French baguettes (individual rolls)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 8 chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 6 1/2 ounces tuna, packed in water,drained
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil or 4 tablespoons parsley
- 1Tear off plastic wrap large enough to enclose sandwich.
- 2Sprinkle bread (halved) with olive oil; then rub with garlic, and top with a sprinkling of vinegar.
- 3Layer bread with onion, olives, tomatoes, tuna, and basil.
- 4Smash top down and wrap in plastic.
- 5Marinate sandwich 45 minutes in wrap before serving.
- 6Note: Sandwich is supposed to be wet.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Bagna
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 15.6 g