Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great little Italian sandwich, "Pan Bagna" means "Bathed Bread".
Make and share this Pan Bagna recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small French baguettes (individual rolls)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 8 chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna, packed in water,drained
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil or 4 tablespoons parsley
- Tear off plastic wrap large enough to enclose sandwich.
- Sprinkle bread (halved) with olive oil; then rub with garlic, and top with a sprinkling of vinegar.
- Layer bread with onion, olives, tomatoes, tuna, and basil.
- Smash top down and wrap in plastic.
- Marinate sandwich 45 minutes in wrap before serving.
- Note: Sandwich is supposed to be wet.