Shannon Holmes's Note:
This is a recipe from the book, Vegan Planet. My husband and I loved it. I also like that all of the ingredients are available at any store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 crusty Italian roll, cut in half
- 3/4 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto or 1/4 cup vegan pesto or 1/4 cup basil-pesto dressing
- 6 artichoke hearts, marinated,drained and chopped
- 2 -3 roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced black olives or 1/3 cup green olives
- 1 large tomatoes or 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (omit if you are vegan)
Basalmic Vinegrette use 1/4 cup
- 1Blend all vinegrette items in blender, blend,.
- 2adjust seasonings as needed.
- 3Pull some of the bread out to make a"shell" to hold the fillings.
- 4Blend the beans and the basil pesto until smooth, spread on both halves of bread.
- 5Layer artichokes, red peppers, tomatoes, olives and feta if using.
- 6Drizzle with vinegrette.
- 7Sprinkle with italian seasonings, parsley and oregano if desired.
- 8Wrap, place on a plate and weight down to press for a few hours in the fridge.
- 10BTW, you don't have to press the sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Bagna
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 537.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers