Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This borrows from several Asian cuisines. It's especially good on chicken and pork. During BBQ season, you can never have too many marinades!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey (can use Lyle's too)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Brush generously on meat and let sit several hours or overnight.
- Use to baste the meat while it's cooking on the grill or under the broiler.