1/2 Photos of Pan Asian Frugal Noodles
Clean Plate Club's Note:
Lately the favorite game at our house is: “What can we make with what we have?” It’s fun and challenging and the savings are substantial. Here’s what I came up with today. It’s much lighter and less oily than typical sesame noodles. I think this combo would also work great with leftover pork or shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped leftover cooked chicken
- 1/2 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded raw cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1Toss out the Ramen salt/seasonings or save if you like.
- 2Place unbroken Ramen in a large bowl that holds four cups of water.
- 3Add three and a half cups of water and nuke in microwave for three minutes.
- 4Separate noodles with a spoon.
- 5Drain noodles and put into mixing bowl.
- 6Add the teriyaki sauce and sesame oil and toss to coat.
- 7Stir in the chicken, carrot, cabbage and red pepper.
- 8Combine lime juice, garlic, ginger and Sriracha sauce and stir this into the noodle and vegetable mixture.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- 10Before serving add salt to taste.
- 11Sprinkle on chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Asian Frugal Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.6
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 2131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: