Recipe by Denise in NH
My sister gave me this recipe.
Top Review by Momtowesandjoey
This is a keeper!! It is so great!! We have plenty of apples on our tree this year and THIS was a perfect recipe!! I may use a little less butter next time but not much:) Thanks for a receipe we will use for a long time to come:)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced pared apples
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Place apples on bottom of greased 8 inch shallow baking dish; sprinkle apples with sugar-nut mixture.
- Mix remaining sugar and dry ingredients together.
- Combine egg, milk and melted butter; add to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour over apples and sprinkle remaining nuts over top.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream flavored with cinnamon.