Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
My sister gave me this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced pared apples
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup melted butter
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Place apples on bottom of greased 8 inch shallow baking dish; sprinkle apples with sugar-nut mixture.
- Mix remaining sugar and dry ingredients together.
- Combine egg, milk and melted butter; add to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour over apples and sprinkle remaining nuts over top.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream flavored with cinnamon.
This is a keeper!! It is so great!! We have plenty of apples on our tree this year and THIS was a perfect recipe!! I may use a little less butter next time but not much:) Thanks for a receipe we will use for a long time to come:)
reduced sugar to 1 cup (1/4 and 3/4), reduced melted butter by 1/4 cup, had to use milk out of necessity and pecans instead of walnuts. Delicious! As apples become more abundant this fall, I will make again.
Wow, this was good! Definitely not your traditional cobble, the texture was kind of like bread pudding. I did not have an egg, so I just omitted, I donâ€™t think it affected it much. I will be making this dish again and again!