Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Perfect with chili!
Make and share this Pam's Mexican Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Beat egg and milk together; add corn.
- Mix well.
- Saute onion, chiles and pimiento in butter inskillet until onion is tender.
- Add milk mixture, onion mixture and cheese to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Pour into well buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in hot oven at 400 degrees 35-40 minutes (adjust time and temp for altitude, if necessary), or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Seved this with a mexican feast I made my husband for Valentine's Day. I omitted the chillies and pimientos and used some diced green capsicum and some crushed chilli for a bit of spice. Cooked it in patty pans so we had little bread rolls. I'd never made cornbread before so was pleasantly surprised. It was quite yummy! Just wanted to add that this will only keep for a few days so make sure you freeze any leftovers!
I used some hot peppers from the garden that had some heat in this bread. The texture was a little moist but it was very delicious. Went well with the bean soup I had made.