Prep 18 mins
Cook 2 mins
Good as an appetizer or a main course.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green peppers or 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄3 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup guacamole
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- Combine turkey, onion, and sweet pepper in a skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Stir in beans and salsa; cook until heated through.
- Arrange half the chips on a 12-inch round microwave-safe platter.
- Spoon half the turkey mixture evenly over chips. Top with half the cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts, giving the dish a half-turn once.
- Top with guacamole dip and sliced ripe olives, if desired. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.