Recipe by internetnut
I found this on Obesity Help. I haven't tried this, just posting for future use.
Top Review by Sarabi
I made this because a family member needs protein and I want to "hide" it in recipes. I used a whole wheat baking mix for the base. Overall the muffins are good but heavy due to the whole wheat. Will make this another time and use a different baking mix. Thanks for posting such a protein rich recipe!
- 2 cups Carbquik baking mix
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon Crumble Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour (I used white, but you can use whole wheat if you have it)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons splenda brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Add all cake ingredients together and mix well. Drop by spoonful into muffin tin filling each muffin cup almost to the top. Set aside (leaving it sit for a few minutes will allow the batter to expand and the baking powder to activate).
- Mix Cinnamon Crumble ingredients together, cutting in the ICBINB to the dry ingredients to create a crumbly mixture. Spoon equal amounts of the topping onto each muffin. Then with a knife poke each muffin a few times to help dig the crumble topping down into the batter (I like my cinnamon topping to be down into the muffin a bit as well as sitting on top).
- Bake at 350-degrees for 15 minutes or until Coffee Cake Muffins just turn golden brown. Eat one immediately while it's piping hot out of the oven and let it burn your tongue a little bit - it's a heavenly experience. You can save the rest for later and even share with the family if you want (but you're not required to share!).