Aromatic and flavorful, this chicken stew is filled with garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes, and chicken. Serve over rice. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes, submitted by Pam Anderson. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, and brown quickly. Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add garlic, onion and sweet potato to the pan; cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with cumin, coriander, red pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Mix in chicken broth and browned chicken. Place lid on skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir in the peanut butter and garbanzo beans. Make sure the peanut butter is blended well. Replace lid to simmer for 2 more minutes.