Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
ok, so i don't bake. but i do ;) in denial proud of this one - it's pretty stunning i modified Tonkcats' fabulous zucchini bread Fabulous Zucchini Bread. the mango butternut and some of the proportions are mine
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup canned mango, slices smash them
- 1⁄4 cup oil (a tad less is fine)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups butternut squash (thaw a bag of frozen butternut squash and squeeze out water)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- whipped cream and milk
- 1. preheat oven to 350.
- 2. cream eggs, oil, mango.
- 3. add sugar and vanilla.
- 4. add dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5. stir in butternut, then nuts.
- 6. 2 small pan loafs. bake 25-30 minutes -- large pan loaf 50 minutes.
- 7. remove from oven and cool.
- 8. bread freezes well because it is moist.