Recipe by yooper
This is a wonderful dish to tote to a party of a potluck. I sometimes throw in a can of sliced black olives to the meat sauce.
Top Review by CIndytc
Great Recipe! Made this for one of our Sunday Dinners I put on and it was a huge hit....very easy...the only thing I did was add a can of black beans to the meat mixture....will make again
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 4 cloves pressed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix chili powder and sour cream.
- Set aside.
- Cook and drain the ground beef.
- Add taco mix, garlic, cayenne, and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Place 6 tortillas in bottom of pan, overlapping and extending up edges slightly.
- Layer one cup salsa, 1/2 of meat, 1/2 cup green onion, 1/2 sour cream and 1 cup of each cheese.
- Repeat, starting agin with 6 tortillas.
- Place 6 tortillas and remaining salsa on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.