Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a wonderful dish to tote to a party of a potluck. I sometimes throw in a can of sliced black olives to the meat sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 4 cloves pressed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix chili powder and sour cream.
- Set aside.
- Cook and drain the ground beef.
- Add taco mix, garlic, cayenne, and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Place 6 tortillas in bottom of pan, overlapping and extending up edges slightly.
- Layer one cup salsa, 1/2 of meat, 1/2 cup green onion, 1/2 sour cream and 1 cup of each cheese.
- Repeat, starting agin with 6 tortillas.
- Place 6 tortillas and remaining salsa on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Great Recipe! Made this for one of our Sunday Dinners I put on and it was a huge hit....very easy...the only thing I did was add a can of black beans to the meat mixture....will make again
Wow this was deeelicious! I made it for a superbowl party this last weekend, and everybody loved it. I had two people ask me for the recipe. I made one change by adding an extra taco seasoning packet to the recipe. My family like really bold flavors and that definitely did the trick.
Excellent recipe and very easy to throw together. I used nonfat sour cream and reduced fat cheese to save some calories and fat. I added some refried beans to the layers as well.