1/2 Photos of Pampered Chef Style Apple Crisp (For Microwave or Oven)
1 hr 5 mins
This is one of the recipes that was served at the very first Pampered Chef party I attended, back in 1994. It is a very easy recipe (the hardest part is prepping the apple slices) and can be made in either microwave or the oven. I have made it both ways and prefer the oven version, but it is awfully nice that this can also be tossed into the microwave for a last minute dessert on busy nights. The demonstrator had a handy tip for the apples: After she ran them through the apple peeler/slicer gizmo they sell, she dropped them into a bowl filled with a can of lemon-lime soda (like Sprite) - and then drained them and patted them dry before using in this recipe. This way the apples didn't turn all sludgy brown before she was ready to demonstrate the recipe itself. I am allowing a large amount of prep time for those of you who don't own one of the PC apple gizmos - once your apples are ready, it only takes about 5 minutes to prepare the crisp for baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 large tart baking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly (such as Granny Smith)
- 8 graham cracker squares (2 1/2 inches each)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (such as Quaker old fashioned or quick oats, not instant)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sweet unsalted butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream, garnish (optional)
- 1You will need a 12" round stoneware baking pan for this recipe (such as the Pampered Chef deep dish baker).
- 2Use enough apple slices to fill the stoneware pan 3/4s full (amount will vary depending upon your apples).
- 3Finely chop the graham cracker squares and mix with oats,brown sugar,flour, and spices.
- 4Add melted butter and mix well.
- 5Spoon this mixture over the apple slices.
- 6MICROWAVE method: Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until apple are tender, turning dish after 6 minutes.
- 7OVEN method: Preheat oven to 350°F and bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 8Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, as desired.
- 9Cool slightly and serve while still warm.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pampered Chef Style Apple Crisp (For Microwave or Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 100.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g