Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect on freshly sliced baguette bread. Great party appetizer.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Place mixture inside barrel of a decorator, fitted with desired tip.
- Pipe onto crackers or vegetables. Serve immediately.
- You don't need to pipe it onto crackers you can serve it in a bowl and let them spread their own.
- Source: Pampered Chef.
Thanks for posting this one, Shabby! It's fast, easy, delicious and cheap to make. My wife really loves this blend and a good pal said, "Delicioso!" (if that is indeed a word). It's also an elegant spread for crackers or, (try this), great to slather on to torn-off chunks of warm fresh baguette. Most folks would use the Good Seasons brand Italian Dressing Mix -- that's fine except that it is too expensive. ALDI'S makes a clone that tastes EXACTLY like the Good Seasons blend and you get 4 packs for about a dollar instead of $3-$4! If the dip/spread tastes a little salty, cut back to 3/4ths of a packet of seasoning. This is now the main dip/spread that I will serve at dinner parties. The best cracker for this spread? I can definitely recommend TWO: Triscut Olive Oil and Cracked Pepper, and, Town House Bistro Multigrain crackers. Shabby, you're a genius! pat, the old bone man.
Awesome recipe! I served this at a party with garlic bagel chips and my guests loved it! Thank you for posting this!