Recipe by ShortieNJ
This is one of the pampered chef recipes using the mini muffin pan and mini tart shaper
Top Review by Alesha Ann
Delicious! My husband & I like DARK brown sugar better than light in this recipe. I also use Mexican vanilla. I refrigerate the dough at least 1 hour or overnight as my original recipe calls. When using the tart shaper, make sure you press & turn so the tart will go up the sides of the mini muffin pan.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For shells, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended, add flour, mix until soft dough forms.
- Using small scoop, shape dough into 1 inch balls, place into ungreased cups of mini muffin pan.
- Dip mini tart shaper in flour, press into dough with even pressure until dough rises slightly above rim of pan (dip in flour and repeat for all remaining cups).
- For filling, melt butter in microwave (about 30 seconds), stir in brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Finely chop pecans, add to mixture, mix well.
- Using small scoop, fill each shell with a level scoop of filling (do not overfill).
- Bake 20-25 minutes (until light golden brown), remove pan from oven, cool in pan for 3 minutes, transfer to cooling rack, cool completely.