Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the pampered chef recipes using the mini muffin pan and mini tart shaper
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For shells, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended, add flour, mix until soft dough forms.
- Using small scoop, shape dough into 1 inch balls, place into ungreased cups of mini muffin pan.
- Dip mini tart shaper in flour, press into dough with even pressure until dough rises slightly above rim of pan (dip in flour and repeat for all remaining cups).
- For filling, melt butter in microwave (about 30 seconds), stir in brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Finely chop pecans, add to mixture, mix well.
- Using small scoop, fill each shell with a level scoop of filling (do not overfill).
- Bake 20-25 minutes (until light golden brown), remove pan from oven, cool in pan for 3 minutes, transfer to cooling rack, cool completely.
Delicious! My husband & I like DARK brown sugar better than light in this recipe. I also use Mexican vanilla. I refrigerate the dough at least 1 hour or overnight as my original recipe calls. When using the tart shaper, make sure you press & turn so the tart will go up the sides of the mini muffin pan.
My Great Aunt Ora used to make pecan tassies. This recipe is close to hers. Thanks for sharing! :)
I love this recipe. It is quick, fast, easy. Great for company.