Recipe by SusieQusie
I love reubens and rarely make them as I live with a "sauerkraut-phobe". Perhaps 1/2 & 1/2, with and without the kraut then everyone's happy?
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
This was made for St. Pat's 07; however, my suggestion is to divide the corn beef and layer 1/2 next to the dressing, then the sauerkraut(which I rinsed and drained well.) Then 1/2 the cheese, then the remaining corn beef and top with remaining cheese. Thanks for posting.
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light thousand island dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 flat pita bread rounds (without pockets)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Mix chopped corned beef & Swiss cheese. Set aside.
- Combine salad dressing & garlic.
- Assembly order:.
- Spread pita with salad dressing/garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle with dry sauerkraut.
- Top with corned beef/cheese mix.
- Bake on a stone or baking pan for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.
- * Cooks note - For pizzas with tender crusts, be sure to use pitas without pockets for this recipe.