Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email today from my Pampered Chef Consultant with this recipe in it. Yield: 8 servings (8 cups) Nutrients per serving: Light (1 cup): Calories 230, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 4 g Cook’s Tip: Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt. Serve this chili with optional toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, diced avocado or chopped cilantro. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Very good! A friend gave me a deep covered baker and this was the first recipe I tried. Made as directed with Penzey's fajita seasoning, I'd also like to try it with their Adobo seasoning. Microwaved using the higher cooking times. My poblanos weren't completely soft, so next time I'd probably cut them smaller. Served with grated Monterey Jack cheese, but a variety of toppings would be good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 48 garlic cloves, unpeeled (3 whole heads)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
Directions See How It's Made
- Using (5-in.) Santoku Knife, slice about 1/4 inches off the pointed top of garlic heads to expose cloves. Place garlic cut side up in Classic Batter Bowl. Sprinkle garlic with 1/4 tsp of the salt and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil. Cover batter bowl with lid; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until garlic is soft. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, finely dice peppers using Santoku Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Combine peppers and onion in Deep Covered Baker. Trim and finely dice chicken using Boning Knife. Add chicken, seasoning mix, remaining 1 tbsp oil and remaining 1/2 tsp salt to baker; mix well using Master Scraper. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, gently squeeze cooled garlic from heads into batter bowl (discard skins); mash using Mix ‘N Masher. Add beans and salsa to batter bowl. Transfer bean mixture to baker; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until chili is heated through.