Recipe by AmyZoe
This is a quick and simple recipe for potato chowder. I threw in 2 cups of fresh garden broccoli into the chowder instead of serving it as a topping. The recipe tells you how to make it using Pampered Chef products, but I boiled my potatoes on the stove and heated the cream cheese and milk mixture on the stove after combining. I didn't use the microwave. I thought it needed a little something extra for flavor, and I added regular onions, garlic, and cayenne pepper to the ingredients listed below, but you decide. I also used a handful of green onions instead of 2 or 3. If you're cooking for someone who is picky about ingredients, this is the recipe for you. Recipe is posted as if you have the Pampered Chef kitchen gadgets, but keep in mind they're not required for this recipe.
Top Review by meanmom45
I made this soup some time ago. I have been trying to find the recipe ever since. We all loved it and it was so easy. I made it pretty much as listed. I usually add broccoli to the leftovers and eat it for lunch. That is good too
- 3 baking potatoes, large (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 828.06 ml milk, divided
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2-3 green onions (with tops)
- 113.39 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper, coarsely ground
- bacon, chopped and cooked
- sour cream
- broccoli floret, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise with Santoku Knife.
- Place in Deep Covered Baker.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the milk over the potatoes.
- Microwave, covered on high for 11 minutes. Remove baker from microwave.
- Move center potatoes to ends of baker and outer potatoes to center.
- Cover and microwave on high 8 to 11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove baker from microwave and coarsely mash potatoes with Mix 'N Chop.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth in Classic Batter Bowl.
- Slowly add remaining 3 cups milk, whisking until smooth.
- Add cream cheese mixture and butter to baker.
- Microwave, covered, on high 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Slice green onions with Chef's Knife.
- Carefully remove baker from microwave.
- Grate cheddar cheese over chowder using Rotary Grater.
- Add green onions, salt, and black pepper and mix using Small Mix 'N Scraper until cheese is melted.
- Serve with bacon, sour cream, and broccoli, if desired.