1/1 Photo of Pampered Chef Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
This is a quick and simple recipe for potato chowder. I threw in 2 cups of fresh garden broccoli into the chowder instead of serving it as a topping. The recipe tells you how to make it using Pampered Chef products, but I boiled my potatoes on the stove and heated the cream cheese and milk mixture on the stove after combining. I didn't use the microwave. I thought it needed a little something extra for flavor, and I added regular onions, garlic, and cayenne pepper to the ingredients listed below, but you decide. I also used a handful of green onions instead of 2 or 3. If you're cooking for someone who is picky about ingredients, this is the recipe for you. Recipe is posted as if you have the Pampered Chef kitchen gadgets, but keep in mind they're not required for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 baking potatoes, large (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 green onions (with tops)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- bacon, chopped and cooked
- sour cream
- broccoli floret, steamed
- 1Slice potatoes in half lengthwise with Santoku Knife.
- 2Place in Deep Covered Baker.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup of the milk over the potatoes.
- 4Microwave, covered on high for 11 minutes. Remove baker from microwave.
- 5Move center potatoes to ends of baker and outer potatoes to center.
- 6Cover and microwave on high 8 to 11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- 7Remove baker from microwave and coarsely mash potatoes with Mix 'N Chop.
- 8Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth in Classic Batter Bowl.
- 9Slowly add remaining 3 cups milk, whisking until smooth.
- 10Add cream cheese mixture and butter to baker.
- 11Microwave, covered, on high 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- 12Slice green onions with Chef's Knife.
- 13Carefully remove baker from microwave.
- 14Grate cheddar cheese over chowder using Rotary Grater.
- 15Add green onions, salt, and black pepper and mix using Small Mix 'N Scraper until cheese is melted.
- 16Serve with bacon, sour cream, and broccoli, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pampered Chef Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 866.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g