Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy trifle with great WOW factor. Always a hit.
Make and share this Pampered Chef Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 limes, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups assorted fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- 1 (16 ounce) prepared pound cake
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- additional berries (to garnish) (optional)
- Thinly slice two limes; set aside. Zest remaining limes to measure about 1 tablespoon zest; juice limes to measure 1/2 cup juice.
- Whisk cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and zest. Gently fold in all but 1/2 cup of the whipped topping until smooth.
- Slice strawberries.
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
- To assemble trifle, place half the cake cubes into bottom of trifle bowl. Top with half of the sherbet; spread evenly. Top sherbet with half of the berries and half of the cream cheese mixture. Arrange lime slices in a circular pattern against inside of bowl to garnish. Repeat layers one time with remaining pound cake cubes, sherbet, berries and cream cheese mixture.
- Decorate the top of the trifle with the remaining whipped topping, almonds and additional berries, if desired.
- Note: Any flavor of sherbet can be used in this recipe.